SpaFinder Wellness's Online Review Guidelines and Standards for Spa-goers and Spas
Online reviews at Spafinder.com are a source of valuable information for both spa-goers and the spas they review. In order to protect the credibility of reviews on SpaFinder.com and to insure that the reviews we publish are accurate and fair, please keep the following guidelines and standards in mind.
Guidelines and Standards for Spa-goers
- All reviewers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Reviews must be original content and must be based on your personal, first-hand experience. Please do not include second-hand information of the opinions of others.
- There is no limit on how many spas/facilities you may review, but you may only review the same spa/facility one time within a sixty (60) day period.
- Reviewers must not be owners, managers, or past or present employees of the spa they are reviewing, or related to any such persons.
- Reviews may not include profanity, sexually explicit or other inappropriate language.
- Reviews may not violate any third-party right, including, but not limited to, right of privacy, right of publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Reviews may not contain personal information or messages, including but not limited to email addresses, URLs, phone numbers and postal addresses.
- Reviews may not be commercial in nature, including but not limited to spam, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or other advertising materials.
- Reviews must be relevant and relate directly to the spa being reviewed. Content that is not relevant and/or related to the spa being reviewed will be deleted.
- Reviews must contain only original content.
- Any review not adhering to these guidelines is subject to deletion at the discretion of SpaFinder.
- Any reviewer determined to have submitted fraudulent reviews will be prohibited from posting reviews on Spafinder.com.
- All reviews become the property of SpaFinder Wellness.
Guidelines and Standards for Spas
- Spa owners, managers, or past or present employees may not review their own spa. Violations may result in the spas being ineligible for inclusion in SpaFinder's Reader's Choice Awards and/or other disciplinary action in the sole discretion of SpaFinder Wellness.
- Spa owners, managers, or present employees are strongly discouraged from reviewing competitor spas.
- SpaFinder Wellness will not delete valid, negative reviews of any spa. Spas may respond to negative reviews in a respectful manner, and SpaFinder Wellness encourages spas to address negative reviews, identifying clearly how they have sought to rectify the spa-goer's concerns.
- If you believe a review of your spa is fraudulent, please contact SpaFinder Wellness at http://www.spafinder.com/about/feedback.jsp. You must be prepared to demonstrate to SpaFinder Wellness the factual basis on which you believe the review is fraudulent. Spas should understand that their belief that a negative review is unfair does not mean that the review is fraudulent.
General Guidelines and Standards
- Reviews posted on Spafinder.com are the opinions of the individual reviewer and not of SpaFinder Wellness or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees or other representatives. SpaFinder Wellness does not endorse any of the opinions expressed by reviewers or in spa responses. SpaFinder Wellness is not affiliated with any spa listed or reviewed on Spafinder.com.
- By submitting a review or response or any other comment to Spafinder.com by electronic mail, postings on this Website or otherwise (collectively, "Submissions"), you grant to SpaFinder Wellness and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Submissions throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and (b) use the name that you submit in connection with such Submission. You acknowledge that SpaFinder Wellness may choose to provide attribution of your comments or reviews at its discretion. You acknowledge and agree that Submissions are non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- SpaFinder Wellness is not responsible and assumes no liability for any Submission posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is SpaFinder Wellness liable for any defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity contained in any Submission.
- If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in any Submission, you hereby declare that you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the Submission; and you forever release SpaFinder Wellness, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against SpaFinder Wellness by virtue of any such moral rights.
- For any other questions, or to report any violation of any of these guidelines and standards, please contact SpaFinder Wellness at http://www.spafinder.com/about/feedback.jsp.